1. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of commerce.
2. produced, marketed, etc., with emphasis on salability, profit, or the like: a commercial book.
3. able or likely to yield a profit.
4. suitable for a wide popular market: commercial uses for satellites.
5. engaged in, used for, or suitable to commerce or business, esp. of a public or nonprivate nature: commercial vehicles.
6. not entirely or chemically pure: commercial soda.
7. of or designating a grade of beef between standard and utility.
8. paid for by advertisers: commercial television.Garden »